Now the good news: there really isn't that much to breakdown.
This somewhat served as a "setup" episode, and I was somewhat letdown by it - mostly because our predictions came true. Here are some discussion points for you guys while I'm gone:
- Charlie has taken the 4-8-15-16-23-42 Medicine. What will be the reprecussions of this?
- He mentioned it says to take the Medicine "every 9 days". Quick math. 9 x 24 = 216 (or, double 108!)
- Did the Others send the boat to Michael, as he requested? Or will we find Desmond on the boat as I predicted this week?
- When "Ms. Clue" (PS - are you kidding me? Who came up with that name?) said "Have you ever seen Walt somewhere where he wasn't supposed to be?", was she referring to the Ghost Walt apparations we saw earlier this season (shout out to Currin on deducting this).
- When Walt said "they're not what they seem!", it seemed to lend credence to the "only one set of Others, they just act like they're derelict" theory. But I still don't buy it.
- Michael didn't have to kill Ana-Lucia or Libby. That sucks (for him, and Ana-Lucia and Libby).
- So, should we assume the whole reason Flight 815 crashed is somehow tied to Hurley, Sawyer, Kate, and Jack? What makes them so important? (Besides the fact that they're probably the most popular characters on the show, of course).
- The previews for next week? Holy finale of Grey's Anatomy proportions! Did you see the Dharma Key, the explosions (in the Swan Hatch?), Locke taking an axe to the 108 Numbers computer, the pile of cannisters from the Pearl Hatch, and Desmond running through the woods? We watched it about four times on slow-mo. Good, good times (DMB style).
- Why didn't Eko tell Jack about the Pearl Hatch? What is the matter with these people?! Where did Locke sneak off to at episode end?
- New Hanso Website: http://www.letyourcompassguideyou.com (this time sponsored by Jeep).
Full Season Finale preview coming early next week!