Some initial thoughts to get your brains working:
- Crazy huge bird. The first bird we've seen on the Island (which many have noted is pretty odd), and it's some prehistoric looking beast. Odd.
- Giant stone foot with only four toes. Is this Atlantis? Does such a statue indicate that this place has been here for centuries (since building giant stone statues of people went out of fashion sometime around ancient Rome).
- Is the Hatch destroyed? If so, the Blast Door is gone forever...
- Desmond dead? Maybe. It was a fitting death.
- Locke and Eko dead? No way. Too many unanswered storylines. Plus, with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer gone - what leaders do we have to try and rescue them? Sayid and Jin? No - they'll need Eko and Locke.
- I'm not sure how I feel about the shift from everything taking place on the Island to seeing things happening in the real world - it takes some of the mystery away from it all. I'm curious to see how they handle this next season. But my gut instinct now seems to tell me that the show is going to end with our Survivors (at least some of them) actually being rescued - something I never thought possible before tonight.
- How did Penny know to search for an Electromagnetic Pulse? We'll have to work through that.
- So we really just need to find a link between Kate, Jack, and Sawyer. Thoughts?
- If anything, I think this episode strengthened my theory that there are Rebel Dharmites and Corporate Dharmites. Maybe they're not clones or test subjects, but if HGI refers to them as "the good ones" there must be "bad ones" somewhere!
- New Dharma Website: http://www.hansocareers.com - I hunted around and nothing jumped out at me initially. But rest assured I'm going to be sending in my resume for a few of those jobs and see what happens...
Full post soon!