After two weeks of episodes that really made you think, this week we were treated to a number of simple love stories on Lost:
- Kate and Sawyer - realizing they're not really made for each other
- Kate and Jack - regretting past decisions
- Jack and Juliet - a strategic alliance blossoming into something more
- Jack and Achara - a forbidden love from the past
- Carl and Alex - a forbidden love in the present
Where was this episode last week for Valentine's Day?
There were a few interesting things (like the big fancy boat the Others have, the branding, the fact that Jack is basically going to become an Other, finally leaving Alcatraz for good), but all-in-all, it was a pretty quiet episode in terms of anything deeper. I'm also fairly skeptical of the commercial for next week's episode, which I've got penciled in to be another episode that's pretty light on any actual story advancement and heavy on Hurley and Charlie hijinx.
Anyways, feel free to comment below. Full analysis soon... I'll leave you with one thought:
Jack, if an Other comes up to you and offers to answer any question, don't ask "Where's Juliet?" Pretty much the worst question I can think of asking in that situation - especially for us viewers!