I wasn't totally blown away, and we didn't get as much reveal on the Others as I had hoped (which is because even though the episode was Juliet-centric, we were still viewing things from Jack / Kate / Sawyer's perspective most of the time, rather than Juliet's - like the scene in the Operating Room with Ben) - but it did answer some questions, and put things in motion for the rest of this season. Also, it's great to have Lost back. Say what you will about the slow moving plotlines or repeats, but no other show on TV feels as important as Lost does. When stuff happens on Lost, you take notice.
So what should you be talking about tomorrow with your friends and co-workers?
- The Others are a murderous, kidnapping, brainwashing cult... yet they still might be "good guys"!
- Female Others seem to have their baby-making areas age super-fast, resulting in them being unable to procreate new little cult-members!
- Juliet found a way to knock up male rats - no fair! But clearly she hasn't figured out how to transfer this knowledge to the Others (male or female), thus her continuing entrapment on the Island.
- Kate and Sawyer have Crazy Carl with them... and I'm betting with him comes a lot of knowledge about the Others! Finally an Other who is on their side and will be willing to divulge some information to them (we can assume).
- Jack and Juliet look to be in the same position - both want off the Island, both are on Alcatraz, and both are hated by the Others... sounds like a recipe for a romance to start brewing!
- The Hatch Implosion and Purple Sky seem to have the opposite effect as we originally thought. I always thought that the Hatch "broke the magnetic barrier", thus allowing people to come and go to the Island as they pleased (queue Penny's entrance). But apparently the Others used to be able to come and go as they please, but ever since the Hatch imploded, they've been "trapped"... which is why Ben needed Jack for the surgery. Puzzling... I need to consult some timelines, because this isn't adding up in my head...
Full analysis coming soon. Post your thoughts, emotions, and complaints below!