Monday, November 19, 2007

Lost: Missing Pieces - "The Adventures of Hurley and Frogurt"

Another Monday, another embarassing Bengals loss, another Lost Mobisode!

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/index?pn=index

This week brings the ridiculously titled "Adventures of Hurley and Frogurt". For those who don't remember (like me, before I checked out Lostpedia), Frogurt is the nickname for a Lostie who apparently used to sell frozen yogurt before the crash. He was referenced once by Bernard as someone who was helping him build his giant rock "S.O.S" on the beach, but never seen... until now.

It turns out his real name is Neil, and he is about as freaky looking as Ethan!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Could this be the introduction of a new Survivor? Perhaps, but I'm hoping it's actually meant to serve another purpose.

This scene takes place right before the dual-murders of "Two for the Road", and shows that the pseudo-cute Libby had more than one potential suitors in the Lost Camp. For me, this two minute scene serves not to introduce Frogurt - but to remind the audience of Libby.

If you think about it, Libby is the only Survivor to die that didn't get a proper conclusion to her story. There is still a ton that we don't know about her, but the Lost producers have promised that someday we would get to know why she was in the mental institution with Hurley and her possible connections with Dharma.

Here's hoping those answers come this season (maybe even in the 8 episodes already in the can?), and that "The Adventures of Hurley and Frogurt" serves as a mini-reminder of Libby for all the die-hard fans out there.

(PS - here's also hoping that the resumed talks between the writers and studios today lead to progress, and Lost gets its full 16 episode season in the spring! Please!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work Brian. To me, Libby is one of the most interesting story lines in all of Lost. Her "chance" run-in with Desmond at the coffee bar and her confusing appearance in Hurley's past at the asylum raise a ton of questions. I feel like she knows Widmore....

I wrote a lot about her a long time ago in an email to a friend.. i'll try and dig it up and post it here.

Awesome to have some fresh lost material :D

Anonymous said...

While two minutes is to brief to get a much meaty info, this was still somewhat interesting. This Neil dude is freaky looking and a jerk though!

Brian Leonard said...

Hmmmm...I dunno that we really needed a reminder about Libby. I'm hoping as well that these mobisodes get more intriguing as they go along. It certainly *appears* as if these are previously-unseen outtakes and not newly filmed material--does anyone know for sure?

The Other Brian

Sawyer5665 said...

They are newly filmed scenes. I read it from a Jorge Garcia interview.

As far as wanting the scenes to be more "intriguing", I think they are just fine. You can't really expect for them to drop huge nuggets of plot in these mobisodes. Think about it. For one, not every Lost diehard is going to have the chance to see them. I think that those huge nuggets should be reserved for watching them on ABC at the proper time slot. I admit, I thought that Frogurt was kinda lame, but I liked the first one. I thought that the next one....coming out next week but already out on Verizon phones.....is the best so far. They are doing exactly what they are meant to do. They are adding just a little something more to what we've already seen. You will see what I mean when you see next week's installment. It's called "Kind of the Castle" and features Jack and Ben.

Anonymous said...

I'm I the only one who seems to be unable to watch de mobisodes in the given links? I go there, but it only says the the video is loading...And nothing, I can wait for hours and nothing.

Has anyone experienced this also? Thank you.